The thumb rule of shopping is to buy pieces that are actually a long term investment. Collecting pieces that will remain as stylish and classic in 20 years as they are today. I have personally learned ( although a bit late) how to build a wardrobe from my Mother. She has such beautiful pieces from long coats to jewelry in her wardrobe that goes back to almost 30 years and luckily my mother loves sharing. Whenever I step out in any of her vintage coat I definitely get lots of compliment and asks about where did I get that beauty from.
So today, we will be discussing 5 basic elements that every lady should have in her wardrobe that will last as long as the term fashion is going to.
- Black Dress: Every wardrobe needs to have ‘must have Black Dress’, not just one but two. One for a day and one for the evening. As the fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld once said, “A lady can never be overdressed or underdressed in a little black dress”. I have picked a few black dresses for different occasions.
- Classic Blazer: A sharp formal blazer is a vital piece in a women’s work wardrobe. A well-tailored blazer is a transformative element. The only noticeable rule in shopping blazer is to make sure it is a well-fit. If you do not like traditional black then play with different hues and fabrics to make your classic selection.
- Comfortable Pumps: Also known as Court shoes in British Fashion Industry, I personally found Pumps the most elegant and lady like footwear for women. my shoe rack has a huge collection of pumps compare to open-toe sandals. They gives a regal aura to the whole outfit. Few of my favourite
- Statement Earrings: Some says the jewels are a lady’s best friend. But to me they were always the most trickiest and difficult part of being dressing up. There was a time when I used to hate jewelry at all. Then came a period when I loved statement earrings. Now I am in zone where the minimal jewels are more than enough and that includes only small studs. But I do believe one thing a pair of statement earrings can make or break the outfit. And to me its cherry on top if they are vintage. So here I picked few vintage and few contemporary pieces.
- Designer Bag: A true lady always has an eye for those classic designer bags that are real investment. They might break the budget once in a while but looking at your money living in your wardrobe is worth the trouble. I have picked few of my favourite, some of them are already part of my wardrobe thanks to my beautiful mother.