It’s lovely to have a company of some wonderful readers who are not just reading the contents but actually trying to turn the words into actions. I have such wonderful feedback on my latest series Personality Development and many questions too!!!
So first I would like to thank all of you for such a huge support. It motivates me to bring better stuff for all of you and you have no idea how much it is satisfying for my creative hunger. Lol. Among the many questions, I have been receiving the major one is:
How To Be Disciplined????
A lovely reader said, “I have no idea how to be, I will give myself a pep talk, then I will forget it after few hours or sometimes few minutes and with it goes my disciplined life”. Well, dear, you are not alone. I completely understand what you are going through, I was there very recently and it took literally every single cell of my brain and every single emotion in my soul to make my life disciplined.
Today I am sharing a few of the hacks that I used to be disciplined. Discipline means being able to choose the right things at the right time of the day. Remember it is not a single day’s task; it is a continuous process needing lots of willpower.
- Time Management: The first step of a disciplined life is time management. You need to give a detailed look at your schedule and find out how you are spending your time. Where you are putting your energy more? Is it worth the time and energy? For example, watching TV, spending time on social media, gossiping, lazing around. So find your routine and remove anything from it that is impacting your energy and productivity.
- Take Small Steps: Big battles are won with small victories. Take one thing at a time. Add what changes you want to see in your life gradually. Start with minor ones like making your bed every morning, putting your mobile away from you every night, making to-do lists. Set a small goal every day and stay dedicated to it.
- Turn those small steps into Habit: Consistency is the key to discipline. Once you started doing something don’t stop. Turn that thing into a habit. If one day you are not making your bed it should be nagging you that you left something unfinished. Habits run on autopilot. When self-discipline becomes the habit it will come automatically in your routine. Don’t Give Up.
Self Discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do.
- Give Yourself Quality Time: The most important person in the world is you. If you are not taking care of yourself you won’t be able to do anything good for others too. Don’t beat yourself. Make sure your routine has at least 30 minutes reserved just for you doing anything that you love to do, that will boost your productivity and creativity. It could be anything from a beauty routine to reading book or meditation but just something that you love and will clear your mind and stress. Do not compromise on this ‘your time’.
- Reward Your Self: It’s good when others praise us. But it’s better when we know our own worth. Once you are well on the road to self-discipline, reward yourself with something you always wanted. It could be a small thing like a new dress, a new book, a day in a spa or anything that you know will boost your motivation.
Do you have any other tip or trick that can be useful in achieving discipline? Let me know.