Finally, I touched that field of my life that I was always scared to touch – baking. I am learning the ropes of basic baking. I found some tutorials on YouTube and started the new journey with this easy peasy Chocolate Chip Muffins. Why Chocolate Chip Muffins – well, Muffins are cute and I love chocolate.
Honestly, it was the easiest thing I found. I found thousands of tutorials and following was the method that worked for me. I shared one video that I actually liked at the bottom from The Stay At Home Chef. It took me around 1 hour to bake 12 muffins. So I would say it was a pretty good attempt. So without any further ado, here is the recipe that I used:
Ingredients for the Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated(caster) sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I put nuts too)
Chocolate Chip Muffins Baking Method
- Grease paper liners with nonstick cooking spray and line 12 Muffin tin with these paper liners.
- Put butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together until its creamy.
- Add the eggs to the batter and mix until the mixture is smooth again. Add in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla and mix briefly.
- Now start adding the flour to the creamy batter. You will need to add flour slowly and mixing simultaneously so that there are no knots in the batter. Use the milk in between to make it easy. Once the whole flour and milk are added mix the batter once more until the flour is mixed. Make sure you are not overmixing or muffins will come out hard.
- Now add the choco chips and very gently fold the batter around the chips.
- Put the batter in the 12 muffins.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees and baked the muffins for about 25 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check if the muffins are cooked. Insert the toothpick into the muffin if it comes out clean it’s done otherwise bake it for few more minutes and recheck.
- Let the baked muffins cooled down for around 30 minutes and Ta-Da it’s done!
Let me know if you try this recipe.
She has an amazing channel, do visit her channel and you will see many more interesting recipes that you might like.