Who does not love Chocolate? And when that chocolate is added to our favourite super soft, chewy and buttery cookies, we are getting the best tea-time snack. Today, we are learning how to make those yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies at home. The best thing about this recipe is you can simply add chunks of your favourite nuts i.e. cranberry, almond, peanut, raisin or even macadamia etc. to it to change the flavour in no time.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/nuts
Method to bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Melt the butter (you can microwave the butter until its 2/3rd melted). Make sure butter is not hot when you use it.
- Add the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix together until its combined. Add vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and whisk until mixed completely. Do not overmix the mixture. approximately half a minute is enough to whisk everything together.
- Now add flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture and whisk everything together. Again do not overmix the dough or you will get dry and hard cookies.
- Add chocolate chips or any other nuts you would like to use. Gently fold the mixture so that chips are covered.
- Make equal size small cookies of the dough and bake them for approximately 10-12 minutes. Take them out of the oven when they are puffy. Keep them aside for 5-7 minutes and then transferred them to the cooling rack until they are cooled down.
So did you like this recipe. While you are here you might like Don’t forget to check other starter recipes that I have tried. You might find one or two Royal recipes in there too. Happy Cooking Ladies.