COVID-19 has changed our lives. And we are seeing the impact of this worldwide pandemic on the lives of British Royalty too. From handshaking and ribbon-cutting events and full of traditional Pomp and Pageantry, the British Royal Family has moved to sharing some really personal elements of their lives. They have shard the Royal Recipes, gardening tips, Interior decor ideas and much more personal stuff.
A proud champion of native British cheese, His Royal Highness has released one of his favourite recipes, Cheesy Baked Eggs, which can be made by using any number of our great British cheeses.
You might remember the Royal Cupcake recipe and The Royal Easter Biscuits shared by the Royal chef last month. Now we have this delicious food recipe straight from the kitchen of Clarence House. The future King suggested using organic ingredients where possible.
Ingredients for the Cheesy Baked Eggs
- 100g wilted spinach
- 1x cherry tomato or sundried tomatoes
- 35g strong soft cheese (eg. Tunworth, Golden Cenarth or other strong soft cheese)
- 1x egg
- 80ml double cream
- 15g grated hard cheese (eg. old Winchester)
- Fresh basil leaves- torn
- Optional: Charcuterie
Cheesy Baked Eggs Cooking Method
- Butter a small ovenproof dish and line with wilted spinach, making a small well in the centre.
- Place the cherry tomato (quartered) or the sundried tomato (chopped) on top of the spinach.
- Dot the soft cheese around the dish amongst the tomatoes. Add the torn basil leaves, optional: Add any charcuterie at this point.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into the centre of the spinach.
- Pour the double cream over the egg- avoid breaking the yolk.
- Sprinkle with grated hard cheese.
- Place in a hot oven (180ºC) for 8-10 minutes.
- Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.